• Sunday 19 June 2016

    Skin Genius| How To Keep Your Skin Spot Free This Summer

    It's coming to that time of year where our skin gets a lot more oiler- it's hot, humid and our skin is prone to the odd pimple or two. If you think that you need a load of chemicals to banish problematic skin, then you can think again. Skin Genius's 'no junk' attitude uses the most natural ingredients that gets on top of hormones to balance skin naturally to keep it clear. For years I have stressed on this blog that using natural ingredients on your skin is the best way to treat troubled skin- it soothes, it balances and goes to the root of the problem. The skin especially on your face is incredibly delicate so using the best engineered skin treatments is the best way to banish your skin worries. Believe it or not, using highly chemically products can in fact cause more damage than good- so take note.

    The three important steps that you must do in order to maintain an effective and hygienic skin routine is cleansing, toning and moisturising. Without incorporating these three important steps into a skin routine, I believe that it is hard to keep clear and hydrated skin (especially if you generally have problematic skin). So if you are still wanting to wear your foundation throughout the summer you may have to start looking after your skin a little more. No one likes the look of blocked up pores (ew).

    Recently I have been cleansing my skin with Skin Genius's Facial Wash and its foam texture is incredibly gentle on the skin. I have been using this product day and night and it leaves my skin feeling ever so fresh- a perfect way to start and end the day. The Clarifying Lotion on the other hand is my my favourite beauty child out of this trio. It is unbelievable the amount of dirt that this product is able to lift from the skin and all you have to do it pop it onto a cotton pad and work it into the skin in circular motions. To finish off my daily routine, I always pop on a small amount of Skin Genius's Moisturising Lotion which is a light moisturiser which is non comedogenic (meaning it will not block the pores). This moisturiser contains nut oils which are similar to the body's own sebum, so it is able to control oil production which also helps to protect blocked pores from turning into spots. I only use around a 'pea size' day and night and it has worked wonders- it leaves my skin not too oily and not too dry.

    As you can see from the picture far above (and below), my skin looks incredibly clear and nor does it look oily. I was amazed on how these products were able to leave my skin with that fresh tingly feeling without having any chemicals in them (they all had the fresh smell of oranges and mint). The biggest result was around my nose area, the amount of blocked pores significantly decreased and I did not get one single spot! I loved trying out this range and I do highly recommend it.

    Do you suffer from problematic skin? Would you try any of the above?
    Much Love
    Eltoria x


    Eltoria- South West Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger and South West YouTuber
    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co