• Thursday 9 February 2017

    Going Blonde With Minimal Damage| Schwarzkopf Blondme Range*

    A couple of weeks ago I had a blast at the Schwarzkopf's Blondme filming campaign where I finally got my ombre back (or should I say rose gold ombre). The whole day was amazing and you can check out my Schwarzkopf Filming Day Post by clicking here. So with any new hair look comes maintenance, so I was kindly gifted an ombre blondme aftercare package to try out at home. Now ladies and gentleman I must warn you, these products are absolutely incredible so expect a purchase or two after reading this post. So grab a cuppa, get comfy, and let me invite you into the Blondme secret.

    You've heard the stories; 'my hair felt dead after going blonde' or 'my hair is just dry all of the time'. This is such a common aftermath after many blonding sessions and it is due to the bonds inside the hair fibre becoming damaged through the lightening process. Shwarzkopf have now revolutionised the blonding process with their new Bond Enforcing Technology which has been created to protect the hair from deep within. Instead of damaging hair fibres, Succinic Acid is added to Blondme lightening, lifting, and white blending formulas to penetrate the hair during the oxidative process which creates a layer around the hair bonds. Now after having my hair lightened with the blondme bleaches, I'd have to say that my hair did not feel as dry as it did the last time I had my hair lightened. After having my ombre applied the last time, it did feel a little crunchy and it took a while for the hair to restore back to life. This time it took no time at all which has consequently restored my whole confidence in the blonding process.

    Before I go into the after care treatments, I am first going to start with my favourite products- these four Blonde Beautifiers. If you want a temporary pink (strawberry), grey/purple (ice), green (jade) and blue (steel blue), these are your go to products. In my 'Cutting Barbie's Hair' video on YouTube, I actually used all four colour to create rainbow hair and the results were just incredible. To get my rose gold shade, the strawberry tone was mixed in with a peach toner in order to achieve that gorgeous rose vibe. Although the rose gold colour has now faded out of my hair after 4 weeks, I can always add the strawberry beautifier into a deep hair conditioner (and leave it for 20-30 minutes) in order to get that rose gold colour again. I love how simple it is.


    So after going back blonde (well partial blonde) I have been using Blondme Tone Enhancing Bonding Shampoo and Keratin Restore Bonding Conditioner. What I love about these products is that they contain no sulpahte or silicone which its much better for the hair. The smell of the shampoo and conditioner really reminds me of that 'salon smell' (with a hint of rose) and they truly do make your hair feel bouncy and fresh after use. If you have recently gone blonde and your hair is feeling a little crunchy, I would definitely reccomend getting the Keratin Restore Intense Care Bonding Potion and the Tone Enhancing Bonding Mask. First you apply the Intense Care Bonding Potion to damp hair and then you add the Tone Enhancing Mask on top and leave for 5-10 minutes. Once you rinse, shampoo, and condition, your hair will feel the best that it ever has felt. So many people have asked how I have managed to keep my ombre looking so shiny and it is all down to this routine.

    Have you recently gone blonde? Is your hair feeling a little dry?
    Much Love 
    Eltoria x

    Much Love
    Eltoria x

    *This blog post contains sponsored content*

    Eltoria- South West Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger and South West YouTuber
    Be sure to check out my recent YouTube videos (click here)
    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co